Wednesday, January 21, 2015

TELL THE WORLD I'M COMING HOME | blog relaunch


it's a new year (okay, okay, it's a 21 days old, but it's still new. ;)) and I'm so excited to relaunch this blog with something that God's been working in my heart for quite some time now.  IN RECKLESS ABANDON has been the name of this abode a little over two years and I truly feel that it has served it's time very well in my heart. but, it's time for a change. don't get me wrong, the sole object of my life is still to live in reckless abandon for the King and His Kingdom, but it's a new season and it's time for growth. 
so let me introduce you to

COMING HOME.
over the summer of 2014, Jesus taught me so much about "home" and where "home" is. I didn't notice it at first, but suddenly it became the theme of my summer. "home" started popping up everywhere, I kept finding tons of quotes mentioning it, my pastor spoke about it several weeks in a row... it became very evident that there was something to be found in this theme. there are hundreds of quotes about people realizing their home isn't a house, it's a person, their soulmate. and i always thought i'd have to wait for home to be in the person i'd spend forever with but, Jesus changed my entire aspect on that. He gently showed me that HE is my home. And my relationship with Him is just like a marriage-- I have to move in (being IN Christ), unpack my bags, and resolve to stay forever. i realized, my home IS in a person- it's IN Him, and He is going to be the one my soul is going to spend forever with. i once saw a quote on tumblr where someone was giving marriage advice-- and forgive me, i'm going to completely kill how she said it, but she said something to this affect:

"when you get married, you are two pilgrims searching for new land, you both find the piece of land you want to settle on and you know you need each other to survive. so you swear to face each day, side by side, and burn your ships and the port in order to make leaving not an option." 

that's what I have to do-- I know He isn't going anywhere, however, my soul is prone to wander and I need to make leaving not an option. so, this is my journey coming home

and I also want to thank you all for following along on this journey. seriously, you guys are the absolute best and your comments make my heart smile every single time. 
be blessed, friends.

xoxo. -marcia
[ post title credit x ]

12 comments :

  1. This is so cool! I love the new blog name and design, Marcia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I think it's awesome how you kept the same color scheme as before. That orange-y red just reminds me of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have seen the big smile on my face when I saw the new updates and title, Marcia! Ahhh! I'm so excited for this! I love the name, the blog looks amazing, and you are gorgeousness, girlie! What you wrote about God and marriage and our home being IN HIM, whoa. That went straight to my soul. So, so, SO true and beautiful and what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "he is my home." amen and you new blog name and design is great!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Prone to wander, LORD, I feel it
    Prone to leave the God I love
    Here's my heart, O take and seal it
    Seal it for Thy courts above.'

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! The design is spectacular as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this relaunch! I am so excited for this!! Your blog is honestly one of my favorites, so excited to see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this. your new title is so relevant right now. and that last still? breath-taking. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so lovely! forgive me for being so late to the party... but what a wonderful idea, name and your images are just as lovely as ever. the past year has taught me so much about home, too. with being on the road more, dad's job in jeopardy because of the economy and housing and moving plans up in the air, i've had to rely on God and family as home more than ever before. like, i love this old house that i've spent a couple of years in, and all the houses before, but i could live in a trailer, a little house or a boat but as long as we were all together we really could make the best of it. no matter where i am across the state or across the country, people make an effort to make it home for me. it also reminds me of an old song which i'll share if you don't mind:
    earthly wealth and fame may never come to me,
    in a palace fair my home may never be,
    but let come what may if Christ for me does care,
    anywhere is home, if Christ my Lord is there.
    so for his dear sake,
    my cross i'll gladly bear,
    anywhere is home, if Christ my Lord is there.
    best of wishes and many blessings for your new space :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful! I love your new name/theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is great and you're fabulous. sometimes I get sick of change but you made good change and I like everything you said about being home in Him. keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to comment! each comment means the world to me. you are cooler than Teddy Roosevelt riding a moose, well almost. But you're pretty rad just the same.